Breastfeeding and Newborn Care – Park Slope
Wednesday, March 11, 2020 – 6:30 PM – 9:30 PM
Breastfeeding is easy right? Yes! For many women, it is. But there are some common pitfalls to avoid. If you are prepared with what to look out for from the first moments to first days, you have a much higher likelihood of ease with breastfeeding and a plentiful milk supply. We offer a combined breastfeeding and newborn care class which will help new families to become familiar with the basics of feeding and caring for your infant in the early days and weeks after birth. Partners encouraged to attend!
Price is per couple.
Topics covered will include:
- How to get breastfeeding off to the best start
- How to help your infant latch-on and correct positioning
- How to know if the baby is getting enough milk
- How to avoid common breastfeeding problems and when to call a specialist
- Understanding normal infant behavior, communication, appearance and sleep patterns
- Understanding common newborn procedures in the hospital
- Understanding the basics of sleep, soothing techniques (including swaddling), diapering, cord care, sponge-bathing, and assessment of your baby
- Understanding postpartum adjustment for the whole family
- Newborn warning signs
”Just wanted to thank you for this info and for the class last night, I found it extremely helpful! I wan’t sure what to expect, and it definitely exceeded my expectations. You answered a lot of questions that I had and introduced things I hadn’t known about. We appreciated it!” Jody (& Mike)Register Now