How it works
- Submit Reqeust. Follow the link below and fill out the form explaining your budget range and what you are looking for in a doula.
- Get Contacted. If there is a doula available in your budget request range and for your due date, we will connect you! You decide if you want to take it further.
- Discuss. Get to know your doula and get a feel for if you think it’s the right fight. You and your future doula will discuss the terms of your agreement with each other.
- Retain your doula. Fill out this online form to let us know who you have chosen.
- Make it Formal. Enter into a formal agreement with your doula, and settle on a price and determine the scope of her services.
Typical Postpartum Doula Services**
- Breastfeeding support and instruction
- Infant soothing skills
- Coping skills for new parents
- Making appropriate referrals when necessary
- Running errands
- Meal preparation and light housekeeping
- Help with care of other siblings
- Accompanying mother and infant to doctor appointments
- Mothering the mother
- Day and night shifts available
- CLC (Certified Lactation Counselor) Postpartum Doulas available, as well.
** Services listed are typical. Actual services are set by the doula. **
Whether it’s for a few hours a day, overnights or live-in care, a postpartum doula will help you build confidence and provide support for the whole new family in the comfort of your home. We serve all types families, from first-time moms to parents welcoming their second or third child to A-list celebrities requiring the utmost discretion (references available on request).
Postpartum Doula Pricing Estimates
New Postpartum Doulas: We do not formally match doulas-in-training, but we do maintain a doula-in-training directory HERE if you are open to working with a brand-new doula!
Seasoned Postpartum Doula
Individual doulas will set their own rates, partly determined by the amount of time you would like. Rates are typically in the range of $50-75 per hour for singletons and $70-85 per hour for twins. Most doulas require a 4-hour minimum per day. Many doulas have packages for certain amounts of hours booked ahead of time. Overnights are typically $450-650 per 10-hour night for singletons and $700-850 per 10-hour night for twins.
Jada Shapiro, Founder of BDP
** Weekly and monthly rates are available for those who seek full-time care but prefer the philosophy and style of a postpartum doula to a baby nurse. **
You may call 917-751- 6579 for On-Demand same or next-day support. We will refer you to an amazing doula. If you prefer to know who your doula will be in advance, please fill out the form, so you can meet and hire the best postpartum doula for you!
|Postpartum Doula Request Form >>|