Be A Part of the Change! Transform Birth!
Take a Birth Doula Training
with Debra Pascali-Bonaro!
Ready to support families as they transition to parenthood?
Become a Postpartum Doula!
Want to find out more? Sign up below to receive workshop details!
By filling out this form, you are agreeing to join our newsletter.
Take a Postpartum Doula Training
with Debra Pascali-Bonaro!
This virtual DONA Postpartum Doula Training created and taught by world renowned doula expert and trainer Debra Pascali-Bonaro! This workshop also includes guest speakers on Anti-Racism & Birth Justice, Lactation, Grief & Loss, Perinatal Mood & Anxiety Disorders.
September 13th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd
This unique class will be limited to a small group, and will be taught by one of the most amazing and experienced doula trainers in the world –
Debra Pascali-Bonaro, BDT/PDT(DONA). Those who take the workshop do not need a professional background, but are expected to have a working knowledge of the following:
- Physical and emotional adjustment in the parent following birth
- Newborn characteristics and care
- Breast/chest feeding basics (we offer this class the week of the training!)
- Common breastfeeding difficulties and solutions
This training will be held VIRTUALLY. BIPOC scholarships are available.
More on the curriculum, our amazing teacher, and feedback from past trainees below.
What you will learn:
Address the systemwide racial inequities and the role a doula plays in helping to create equity.
Recovery and Adjustment
Identify standard physiologic recovery milestones for the birthing parent, the importance of the birth experience and its impact on postpartum recovery.
The role of the postpartum doula to best support a newborn baby.
Supporting families with twins (or more)!
Providing support to the lactating parent and troubleshooting common lactation challenges.
Learn how to best support parents as they integrate their newest member(s).
Identify postpartum mood and anxiety disorders, how to set birthing parents up from emotional success and when to bring in more help.
How to provide support for a grieving family.
...and so much more!
Debra has taught tens of thousands of doulas, nurses, midwives, physicians and parents around the world. - Don’t miss this unique opportunity to begin or expand your doula practice. Our doula workshop brings together people from all backgrounds and experiences to discuss the challenges and opportunities that exist today to ensure everyone has a safe, respectful and gentle birth in any setting.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Want to talk to a live person & learn more? Click Here
BIPOC scholarships are available!
- Debra is one of the top doula trainers in the world! She has taught tens of thousands of doulas, nurses, midwives, physicians and parents around the world.
- She has a wealth of global knowledge and experience from learning and teaching in over 40 countries around the world!
- She was an integral part of the first community doula program in the U.S. in the South Bronx, NY
- She was the Former Director of the Neighborhood Doula Project in Paterson, NJ
- She Is the current Co-Chair of a global initiative - The International Childbirth Initiative (ICI): 12 Steps to Safe and Respectful MotherBaby-Family Maternity Care
- 30 years of experience! She has worked as a doula, Lamaze Childbirth Educator and Doula Trainer for over 30 years around the world continuing to gain experience and inspiration from other birth workers, clients and continually receiving Inspiration and experience
I would HIGHLY recommend the Birth Doula training with Debra Pascali-Bonaro. She is an expert in the field and it is a privilege to learn from her. For all aspiring doulas - Birth Day Presence is a gem. Efficient, organized, informative, meaningful, awe-inspiring, and fun.
Thank you for creating such an awesome, nourishing, and beautiful space for all of us. Debra's class was transcendent - I want to acknowledge the home you have built for families and birth enthusiasts gives me so much hope for the future of care.
- Marie Detering
I have been to many different workshops and trainings and this has been one of my best experiences. Debra has such a beautiful spirit and her passion for her work is evident. She created a beautiful space for us to be open and vulnerable, to heal, to learn and to love. Learning made me realize how much work we have to do.
- Natalie Jones
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Presence and Debra Pascali-Bonaro offers 4 partial scholarships for DONA Approved Birth and Postpartum Doula Trainings. These scholarships are meant for people who would not otherwise be able to attend the training because their financial resources are limited. If you have the means to pay for the full training, or if you have limited resources but do not identify as BIPOC, payment plans are available.
In childbirth, systemic racism is the root cause of disparities leading to higher maternal mortality rates for Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC). Doula support from people from the BIPOC community improves outcomes and makes a difference in more positive birth experiences. Doulas are an essential part of collaborative, respectful quality care. We offer 4 partial scholarships for individuals who identify as BIPOC and have shown:
A commitment to addressing racial and/or social justice
Have a financial need for scholarship assistance
Will use doula skills to support their community
If you feel that you meet the above criteria, please submit a short essay or submit a 1-min video addressing the questions below. Here are some questions to consider as you write or speak. Please submit to email@example.com.
- Why do you want to become a Birth or Postpartum Doula and what do you hope to gain from this training?
- In what capacity would you like to serve birthing people and their families?
- How do you see yourself creating change through birthwork?
- How will this scholarship help you with your future goals?
- Do you identify as BIPOC?
Scholarships submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis and awarded until filled.