1-day Childbirth Education Class – UWS at Zion Physical Therapy
The 1-day condensed childbirth class meets on a Saturday or a Sunday for 6 hours.
Ideal for parents with fairly limited time who prefer a less in-depth, condensed and faster approach. This class can help inspire and identify subjects that expectant parents want to pursue more thoroughly such as doulas, comfort techniques, and birth preferences.
Students seeking more conversation and discussion, more time to connect with other parents and more time to practice the techniques covered should consider the 2-day weekend intensive or 4-week intensive option.
Our 1-day childbirth education class is a blend of lecture, video, demonstration and practice and will include, but not be limited to:
- Gestation and Anatomy
- Signs, Stages and Emotional Signposts of Labor
- Pain Management Techniques: breathing, relaxation, position choices, massage, pressure points, hydrotherapy, aromatherapy, vocalization and much more
- Understanding Evidence-Based Care
- Birth Preference Sheets (Birth Plans)
- Pain Medication Options
- Labor Support–who should be at your birth
- Understanding Medical Support (Interventions) and Induction
- Cesarean Birth and Prevention
Price is per couple or single + support person.
Childbirth Classes NYC. Founded in 2002, Birth Day Presence is the premier provider of smart, non-judgmental childbirth education for savvy New Yorkers. Routinely recommended by the top OBs and Midwives in NYC, we are the longest-running and most trusted independent childbirth education and doula matching center in the city. BDP hand-selects the best ideas and techniques from a range of childbirth traditions to provide NYC’s expectant and new parents with modern, practical education and support, helping to reduce the fear and anxiety around childbirth, while increasing the joy and pleasure of confidently becoming parents. BDP has assisted over 20,000 parents.
Very engaging instructor, helped me feel informed, empowered and much more prepared. Also as an athlete I very much appreciated the athletic metaphors, they made everything clearer and easier to understand!
– Anonymous, Class Evaluation