Homebirth Childbirth Class
The homebirth childbirth class at Birth Day Presence is well rounded and accessible. As doulas and childbirth educators, we have assisted thousands of expectant parents through a wide range of birth choices and experiences. We welcome all types of families and individuals. This is a class specifically for parents-to-be who are planning to give birth at home with a midwife.
The homebirth childbirth class is a blend of lecture, video, demonstration and practice and will include, but not be limited to:
- Gestation and Anatomy
- Preparing your Body and How to Adapt to Its Changes
- Signs, Stages and Emotional Signposts of Labor
- Labor Support–who to consider having at your birth
- Pain Management Techniques: breathing, relaxation, position choices, massage, pressure points, hydrotherapy, aromatherapy, vocalization and much more
- How to prepare your home and what supplies you need
- Understanding Evidence-Based Care
- Birth Preference Sheets (Birth Plans)
- What to do in case of transfer to the hospital (and how to prepare)
- Pain Medication Options
- Understanding Medical Support (Interventions) and Induction
- Preparation for Self Care following the birth
Childbirth Classes NYC. Founded in 2002, Birth Day Presence is the premier provider of smart, non-judgmental childbirth education for savvy New Yorkers. Routinely recommended by the top OBs and Midwives in NYC, we are the longest-running and most trusted independent childbirth education and doula matching center in the city. BDP hand-selects the best ideas and techniques from a range of childbirth traditions to provide NYC’s expectant and new parents with modern, practical education and support, helping to reduce the fear and anxiety around childbirth, while increasing the joy and pleasure of confidently becoming parents. BDP has assisted over 20,000 parents.
Had a private session for c-section prep with the wonderful Meghan recently. She was very knowledgeable about the whole process and in touch with what was happening in local hospitals. She answered all of our questions about hospital stay, tips on breastfeeding, swaddling and diaper changing and more. My husband and I felt more at ease and prepared after meeting with Meghan and we would highly recommend Birth Day Presence!