4 Week Childbirth Education Class
The 4-week class is ideal for parents who prefer to digest the material more slowly, engage in rich discussions and get to know other expectant parents who are due around the same time.
Our 4-week childbirth education class is a blend of lecture, video, demonstration and practice and will include, but not be limited to:
- Gestation and Anatomy of pregnancy and childbirth
- Signs, Stages and Emotional Signposts of Labor
- Non-pharmacological Pain Management Techniques and comfort measures for birth: breathing, relaxation, position choices, massage, pressure points, hydrotherapy, aromatherapy, vocalization and much more
- Understanding Evidence-Based Care
- Birth Preference Sheets (aka Birth Plans)
- Pain Medication Options during childbirth
- Labor Support Options
- Understanding Medical Support (Interventions) and Induction
- Cesarean Birth and Prevention
- Postpartum Health
- For Breastfeeding, Newborn Care or Infant CPR, please add those classes (click links)
- Pricing is per couple or single + support person.
Our childbirth preparation classes are designed to offer couples a well-rounded, accessible curriculum. As doulas and childbirth educators, we have assisted many thousands of couples through a wide range of birth choices and experiences. The Birth Day Presence method pulls from the best parts of many popular birth class methods (Lamaze, Birthing from Within, etc, as well as from our extensive experience in the field. There is no one right way to labor. We stand by the philosophy that birth is a normal process and hope to inspire confidence in the people we teach. It is our goal to teach the full spectrum comfort measures and options birthing families hav when preparing for and giving birth, and then to offer unconditional support. It is important to approach your birth feeling informed and confident, with skills and techniques to move through your labor, whatever your journey turns out to be.
Classes held in: Park Slope