Combined Breastfeeding & Newborn Care – UWS at Zion Physical Therapy
This is a combined prenatal breastfeeding and newborn care class to help new families become familiar with the basics of infant feeding and infant care in the early days and weeks after birth. Partners encouraged to attend! Take this class before you have the baby.
Topics covered will include:
- How to get breastfeeding/lactation off to the best start
- How to help your infant latch-on and correct positioning
- How to know if the baby is getting enough milk
- How to avoid common breastfeeding problems and when to call a lactation professional
- Understanding normal infant behavior, communication, appearance and sleep patterns
- Understanding common newborn procedures in the hospital
- Understanding the basics of diapering, cord care, bathing, and assessment of your baby
- Understanding postpartum adjustment for the whole family
- Newborn warning signs
Childbirth Classes NYC. Founded in 2002, Birth Day Presence is the premier provider of smart, non-judgmental childbirth education for savvy New Yorkers. Routinely recommended by the top OBs and Midwives in NYC, we are the longest-running and most trusted independent childbirth education and doula matching center in the city. BDP hand-selects the best ideas and techniques from a range of childbirth traditions to provide NYC’s expectant and new parents with modern, practical education and support, helping to reduce the fear and anxiety around childbirth, while increasing the joy and pleasure of confidently becoming parents. BDP has assisted over 20,000 parents.
“Took a combined breastfeeding and newborn care class with meema recently. Meema was very informative and helpful. My partner and I learned a lot and every bit helps during this stressful and exciting time. Not only do you get a lot of information and tips, you also get a lot resources and support. Highly recommended and not just for first time parents!!”
– Elaine, Google