Newborn Care & Feeding Class (without breastfeeding)
This 2 hour newborn care and infant feeding class is ideal for expectant parents who aren’t breastfeeding. This class will help expectant families become familiar with the basics of feeding your new baby and how to care for your infant in the early days and weeks after birth. Partners encouraged to attend! Take this class before the baby is born.
Topics covered will include:
- Understanding normal infant behavior, communication, appearance and sleep patterns
- Understanding common newborn procedures in the hospital
- Understanding Skin-to-skin
- Understanding the basics of diapering, cord care, bathing, and assessment of your baby
- Understanding integration of the baby and transitions for the whole family
- Newborn warning signs and when to call your pediatrician
- Understanding early days of feeding and normal newborn feeding patterns
- Feeding tips, tools, positions, techniques, burping and more
- Understanding differences and usage of donor breastmilk and formula
- Understanding bottle storage, cleaning, use, etc.
This class will not cover breastfeeding. For breastfeeding please sign up for Combined Breastfeeding/Newborn Care Class instead.
Childbirth Classes NYC. Founded in 2002, Birth Day Presence is the premier provider of smart, non-judgmental childbirth education for savvy New Yorkers. Routinely recommended by the top OBs and Midwives in NYC, we are the longest-running and most trusted independent childbirth education and doula matching center in the city. BDP hand-selects the best ideas and techniques from a range of childbirth traditions to provide NYC’s expectant and new parents with modern, practical education and support, helping to reduce the fear and anxiety around childbirth, while increasing the joy and pleasure of confidently becoming parents. BDP has assisted over 20,000 parents.
Classes held in Park Slope.
Had a private session for c-section prep with the wonderful Meghan recently. She was very knowledgeable about the whole process and in touch with what was happening in local hospitals. She answered all of our questions about hospital stay, tips on breastfeeding, swaddling and diaper changing and more. My husband and I felt more at ease and prepared after meeting with Meghan and we would highly recommend Birth Day Presence!