Newborn Care & Bottle Feeding Class
This is a prenatal newborn care class to help new families become familiar with the basics of infant care and feeding in the early days and weeks after birth.
Partners encouraged to attend! Take this class before you have the baby.
This class is geared toward parents who plan to bottlefeed but could be attended by a parent who does not need any instruction in lactation. If you are planning to breastfeed/chestfeed please sign up for the combined breastfeeding and newborn care class.
Topics covered will include:
- Understanding normal infant behavior, communication, appearance and sleep patterns
- Understanding common newborn procedures in the hospital
- Understanding the basics of diapering, cord care, bathing, and assessment of your baby
- Newborn warning signs and when to call the pediatrician
- Bottlefeeding best practices, tips and techniques, burping, bottle cleaning, etc.
- Feeding options: pumped breastmilk, donor breastmilk, formula, etc and how to know if the baby is getting enough
- Understanding postpartum adjustment for the whole family
Take this class at One Medical and you also get to meet a One Medical Pediatrician and briefly learn about their philosophy of care!
This class will not cover breastfeeding. For breastfeeding please sign up for Combined Breastfeeding/Newborn Care Class instead.
Childbirth Classes NYC. Founded in 2002, Birth Day Presence is the premier provider of smart, non-judgmental childbirth education for savvy New Yorkers. Routinely recommended by the top OBs and Midwives in NYC, we are the longest-running and most trusted independent childbirth education and doula matching center in the city. BDP hand-selects the best ideas and techniques from a range of childbirth traditions to provide NYC’s expectant and new parents with modern, practical education and support, helping to reduce the fear and anxiety around childbirth, while increasing the joy and pleasure of confidently becoming parents. BDP has assisted over 20,000 parents.
Classes held in Park Slope.
Had a private session for c-section prep with the wonderful Meghan recently. She was very knowledgeable about the whole process and in touch with what was happening in local hospitals. She answered all of our questions about hospital stay, tips on breastfeeding, swaddling and diaper changing and more. My husband and I felt more at ease and prepared after meeting with Meghan and we would highly recommend Birth Day Presence!