Online Childbirth Education
4-sessions – Online Classroom
The 4-session course is ideal for parents who prefer to digest the material more slowly, engage in rich discussions.
Our 4-session childbirth education class is a blend of lecture, video, demonstration and practice and will include, but not be limited to:
- Gestation and Anatomy of pregnancy and childbirth
- Signs, Stages and Emotional Signposts of Labor
- Non-pharmacological Pain Management Techniques and comfort measures for birth: breathing, relaxation, position choices, massage, pressure points, hydrotherapy, aromatherapy, vocalization and much more
- Understanding Evidence-Based Care
- Birth Preference Sheets (aka Birth Plans)
- Pain Medication Options during childbirth
- Labor Support Options
- Understanding Medical Support (Interventions) and Induction
- Cesarean Birth and Prevention
- Postpartum Health
- For Breastfeeding, Newborn Care or Infant CPR, please add those classes (click links)
- Pricing is per couple or single + support person.
Childbirth Classes NYC. Founded in 2002, Birth Day Presence is the premier provider of smart, non-judgmental childbirth education for savvy New Yorkers. Routinely recommended by the top OBs and Midwives in NYC, we are the longest-running and most trusted independent childbirth education center in the city. BDP hand-selects the best ideas and techniques from a range of childbirth traditions to provide NYC’s expectant and new parents with modern, practical education and support, helping to reduce the fear and anxiety around childbirth, while increasing the joy and pleasure of confidently becoming parents. BDP has assisted over 20,000 parents.