Online Newborn Care
90 Minutes – Online Classroom
This is a prenatal newborn care class to help new families become familiar with the basics of infant care and feeding in the early days and weeks after birth.
Partners encouraged to attend! Take this class before you have the baby.
While this class will touch on bottlefeeding techniques and tips (pumped breastmilk, donor breastmilk or formula), if you are planning to breastfeed/chestfeed please *also* sign up for a breastfeeding class.
Topics covered will include:
- Understanding normal infant behavior, communication, appearance and sleep patterns
- Understanding common newborn procedures in the hospital
- Understanding the basics of diapering, cord care, bathing, and assessment of your baby
- Newborn warning signs and when to call the pediatrician
- Bottlefeeding best practices, tips and techniques, burping, bottle cleaning, etc.
- Feeding options: pumped breastmilk, donor breastmilk, formula, etc and how to know if the baby is getting enough
- Understanding postpartum adjustment for the whole family
This class will not cover breastfeeding. For breastfeeding please sign up for the Online Breastfeeding Class
Childbirth Classes NYC. Founded in 2002, Birth Day Presence is the premier provider of smart, non-judgmental childbirth education for savvy New Yorkers. Routinely recommended by the top OBs and Midwives in NYC, we are the longest-running and most trusted independent childbirth education and doula matching center in the city. BDP hand-selects the best ideas and techniques from a range of childbirth traditions to provide NYC’s expectant and new parents with modern, practical education and support, helping to reduce the fear and anxiety around childbirth, while increasing the joy and pleasure of confidently becoming parents. BDP has assisted over 20,000 parents