Currently only available as private or semi-private class. Please contact us for details.
The homebirth childbirth class Birth Day Presence is well rounded and accessible. As doulas and childbirth educators, we have assisted thousands of expectant parents through a wide range of birth choices and experiences. We welcome all types of families and individuals. This is a class specifically for parents-to-be who are planning to give birth at home with a midwife.
The homebirth childbirth class is a blend of lecture, video, demonstration and practice and will include, but not be limited to:
- Gestation and Anatomy
- Preparing your Body and How to Adapt to Its Changes
- Signs, Stages and Emotional Signposts of Labor
- Labor Support–who to consider having at your birth
- Pain Management Techniques: breathing, relaxation, position choices, massage, pressure points, hydrotherapy, aromatherapy, vocalization and much more
- How to prepare your home and what supplies you need
- Understanding Evidence-Based Care
- Birth Preference Sheets (Birth Plans)
- What to do in case of transfer to the hospital (and how to prepare)
- Pain Medication Options
- Understanding Medical Support (Interventions) and Induction
- Preparation for Self Care following the birth