This is a combined breastfeeding and newborn care class which will help new families to become familiar with the basics of feeding your infant and how to care for your infant in the early days and weeks after birth. Partners encouraged to attend! Take this class before you have the baby.
All Upper West Side classes are taught at Zion Physical Therapy.
Topics covered will include:
- - How to get breastfeeding off to the best start
- - How to help your infant latch-on and correct positioning
- - How to know if the baby is getting enough milk
- - How to avoid common breastfeeding problems and when to call a specialist
- - Understanding normal infant behavior, communication, appearance and sleep patterns
- - Understanding common newborn procedures in the hospital
- - Understanding the basics of diapering, cord care, bathing, and assessment of your baby
- - Understanding postpartum adjustment for the whole family
- - Newborn warning signs