Childbirth Classes NYC. Founded in 2002, Birth Day Presence is the premier provider of smart, non-judgmental childbirth education for savvy New Yorkers. Routinely recommended by the top OBs and Midwives in NYC, we are one of the longest-running and most trusted independent childbirth education centers in the city. BDP hand-selects the best ideas and techniques from a range of childbirth traditions to provide NYC’s expectant and new parents with modern, practical education and support, helping to reduce the fear and anxiety around childbirth, while increasing the joy and pleasure of confidently becoming parents. BDP has assisted over 6,000 families.
The same material covered in our regular weekday and weekend intensive series, only all in one day.
Class is a blend of lecture, video, demonstration and practice and will include, but not be limited to:
- - Gestation and Anatomy
- - Preparing your Body and How to Adapt to Its Changes
- - Signs, Stages and Emotional Signposts of Labor
- - Pain Management Techniques: breathing, relaxation, position choices, massage, pressure points, hydrotherapy, aromatherapy, vocalization and much more
- - Understanding Evidence-Based Care
- - Birth Preference Sheets (Birth Plans)
- - Pain Medication Options
- - Labor Support–who should be at your birth
- - Understanding Medical Support (Interventions) and Induction
- - Cesarean Birth and Prevention
- - Postpartum Health